|"You may be surprised at what seclusion with God will do for your mind, body, and soul…. Through the portals of silence the healing sun of wisdom and peace will shine upon you.”|
|— Paramahansa Yogananda|
YSS Noida Ashram is designed with a special retreat facility with 60 single rooms for devotees. Separate accommodation is provided to men and women. Devotees may register for either conducted group retreats or individual silence retreats. A central garden resplendent with blossoms and shady trees evokes the sacred feeling of an ancient ashram set amidst sylvan surroundings, saturated with the timeless peace of the ages.
CONDUCTED GROUP RETREATS, led by Sannyasis, are held regularly, mostly over weekends. These spiritual retreats consist of 2-3 days of silence, morning and evening Energization Exercises and Group Meditation, review of our divine Guru’s techniques of concentration and meditation, Gurudeva’s teachings and How-to-Live principles.
INDIVIDUAL RETREATS are encouraged. Devotees can stay in the ashram for 3-7 days and utilize this period for remaining in silence, introspection, spiritual reading, and for practising the presence of God.
CONDUCTED EXTENDED RETREAT We are happy to inform that due to demand from many parts of the country, Yogoda Satsanga Society of India have decided to conduct on an experimental basis an extended retreat in the second half of this year. The dates and other details can be obtained from the Noida Reception Office. The main feature of this retreat would be that it will be for a period of four days and that devotees from all parts of India and abroad would be able to attend. The classes will be in English. Outstation devotees would be given preference for accommodation in the Ashram. Local devotees who are interested to attend would be permitted to come from their homes in the morning and go back at the end of the day. However, depending on availability, local devotees will also be accommodated.
Please Note for Retreats:
- Retreats are open only to YSS/ SRF devotees. Please book in advance, either by calling Noida Ashram or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or registering on the website.
- Normally, individual accommodation will be provided within the ashram.
- The 2-day Retreat starts from Friday evening meditation and the Opening Satsanga is on Friday at 8 pm. The retreat ends on Sunday at 4 pm.
- Only those devotees who plan to attend the entire retreat may apply.
|Monthly Long Meditations and Retreats at Noida Ashram - 2017|
|1||December 24||Sun (10am - 6pm)||Special Christmas Meditation|
|Monthly Long Meditations, Retreats, and Sangam at Noida Ashram, January – June, 2018|
|1||January 7||Sun(10 am to 4 pm)||Long Meditation|
|2||January 27 – 28||Fri(7 pm to Sun 4 pm)||Retreat (Hindi))|
|3||February 10 – 11||Fri(7 pm to Sun 4 pm)||Retreat (English)|
|4||February 18||Sun(10 am to 4 pm)||Long Meditation|
|5||February 24 – 25||Fri(7 pm to Sun 4 pm)||Retreat (Hindi)|
|6||March 11||Sun(10 am to 4 pm)||Long Meditation|
|7(i)||March 18 – 22||Sun(9 am to Thu 7 pm)||Centenary Closing Sangam
(Kriya Diksha on March 22, Thu)
|7(ii)||March 29 – April 2||Thurs(9 am to Mon 7 pm)||Sadhana Sangam
(Kriya Diksha on April 1, Sun)
|8||April 15||Sun(10 am to 4 pm)||Long Meditation|
|9||April 21 – 22||Fri(7 pm to Sun 4 pm)||Retreat (Hindi)|
|10||May 6||Sun(10 am to 4 pm)||Long Meditation|
|11||May 12 – 13||Fri(7 pm) to Sun(4 pm)||Retreat (Hindi)|
|12||May 23 – 27||Wed(9 am to Sun 7 pm)||Boys’ Camp|
|13||June 6 -10||Wed(9 am to Sun 7 pm)||Girls’ Camp|
|14||June 17||Sun(10 am to 4 pm)||Long Meditation|
|15||June 23||Fri(7 pm to Sun 4 pm)||Retreat (Hindi)|
|16||July 7-8||Fri(7 pm to Sun 4 pm)||Retreat (English)|
|17||August 11-12||Fri(7 pm to Sun 4 pm)||Retreat (Hindi)|
|18||August 25-26||Fri(7 pm to Sun 4 pm)||Retreat (Hindi)|
|19||September 15-16||Fri(7 pm to Sun 4 pm)||Retreat (Hindi)|
|20||October 6-7||Fri(7 pm to Sun 4 pm)||Retreat (Hindi)|
|21||October 20-21||Fri(7 pm to Sun 4 pm)||Retreat (Hindi)|
|22||December 8-9||Fri(7 pm to Sun 4 pm)||Retreat (Hindi)|
Please Note for Retreats:
- Please request accommodation well in advance to register for retreats.
- Normally, individual accommodation will be provided within the ashram. However, in summer months those who want AC rooms may have to share accommodation.
- The Opening Satsanga is on Friday 8 p.m. Therefore, please plan to arrive on Friday evening before 5 p.m. and depart on Sunday evening or Monday morning.
- Classes will be in Hindi, unless it is mentioned otherwise.
- Only those devotees who plan to attend the whole retreat may apply.
- If there is over-booking for any retreat, preference will be given to those devotees who have not attended any retreat in the past 4 months. Otherwise, booking will be done on a first-come-first-served basis.
Please Note for Monthly Long Meditations:
Meditation starts at 10 am and ends at 4 pm, followed by Tea and Snacks.